Summer clothing and the business environment
Selecting suitable clothing for the business environment can be a challenge at the best time. It becomes tougher when temperatures rise and we feel being entirely covered is uncomfortable and downright hot.
It becomes even more of a challenge when we leave home in sweltering heat and then move into an air conditioned work environment. How can we
dress? What should we wear? Understanding how to dress for the summer heat and still remain cushty and pro has the potential to raise your pro image and perhaps even move you up a bit or 2. The Rules of Summer Dressing in a Business Environment:
1. Target professional: fight the urge to wear clothing that shows bare skin. Low necklines, short skirts, sleeveless tops, sheer tops, bare legs are superb for summer weather but are way more fitting for the clubs than a day at work. When select our clothing also we are selecting an image to project. If your plan is to move up in the business world keep your business garments pro.
2. Wear light-weight clothing: You can still stay cool and not show skin. Select fabrics that are light like cotton and linen. For instance wear a cotton jacket over a light-weight shirt or wear a sweater set.
If it is getting too hot you can take away the jacket and still be covered beneath. If you’re employed in an air-conditioned environment you may appreciate the added layer while you are within and the choice of removing it when you move into the heat.
3. Select the right shoes: simply because it’s summer doesn’t suggest that sandals can be worn everywhere. Sandals aren’t appropriate in a pro setting. Wear only closed shoes like pumps and sling backs.
4. Keep away from clothing that spells summer: that implies bright jewellery, cropped pants or skirts.
Summer clothing can be worn in a pro environment but ever so subtlety. Wear lighter coloured accessories and clothing but nothing that brings attention. For instance, select a pastel shirt or light coloured pro purse.
5. Wear loose clothing: decide to wear skirts and pants in a light fabric so the fabric glides over your hips and stomach. White is excellent for summer but will show each bump and pile if worn too firmly.